Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Moving to Hawaii is like falling in love..."

So apparently Americans don't stay in hostels very much. I've only met two other people here that are from the states. But I've met people from France, Germany, Argentina, Japan, England and Australia, so that's fun :) The people here are really nice, and they all get excited when I tell them I'm moving here not just vacationing. I went to the single's branch in Kahului today, and it was great, although probably more than half of the branch got there late, like really really late. The girls in the Relief Society presidency offered to let me know if they here of any jobs, and I got a ride back to the hostel with someone in the branch too.
It's funny, cause i always hated taking the bus in Utah, and generally refused to do it, but I actually like the buses here. Some are free, and the others are only a dollar per boarding. Though this morning I took a bus down to church, and I think I paid for a ride that was free...oh well, I'll learn. I already have a favorite bus driver :) I think I'm going to be using the buses A LOT, because walking around in bad shoes gave me some nasty blisters. And my back is really tight and sore from lugging around a heavy backpack for a couple days.
I went down to Kihei yesterday and started applying for jobs. I'll do more tomorrow, and I think I'll also go check out Lahaina and see what it's like over there. Still looking for a place to live, and the hostel is full tonight so I can't stay here anymore, but Heather's friend Rachel in Kihei will let me stay on her couch tonight at least. I have yet to get to the beach, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for that!
Oh, and yes, of course it's beautiful and warm and I saw my first rainbow before I even got off the plane :)
Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found someone to let you sleep on their couch. I really hope you find a permanent place soon. I don't want you to have to sleep outside ever. The beach is not safe.

    Today I was watching travel channel and they were discussing the 10 best beaches in Hawaii and 2 of them were in Maui. Well at least you are in a beautiful place.

    Looove ya shan!

    ReplyDelete