Friday, May 7, 2010

Okay, this post isn't about Hawaii so much as it is about creeps. I seem to attract them wherever I go, I don't understand it. The guy that gave me a ride home from the singles branch here is 10 years older than me, has been on unemployment for 3 years, has an illegitimate son in Texas, didn't go on a mission because he didn't feel like it, isn't even an Elder yet, never went to college, and still smokes. Sounds like a catch, right? I'm not interested. Never expressed any sort of interest, did not flirt or even act like I cared about what he was saying to me. I used him as a ride home, and that's all. Yet he still seems to think that I would be a great marriage candidate for him, to help him "straighten out." Why? Because he thinks I'm beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the complement. It's always flattering to be told you're attractive, especially by a member of the opposite sex. But it's starting to bother me that that seems to be the only thing that some guys notice, and they think that's reason enough for me to spend time with them. Try complementing me on say, my personality or my sense of humor, and maybe I won't be so creeped out by you. Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment