Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just live your life...

The other day someone asked me what my hobbies were, or what I liked to do for fun. A question that is pretty standard when you meet someone new. I hate it though. I feel stupid saying "I don't know, nothing" because it makes me sound really boring, but that's the true answer. I mean, I don't read for fun anymore, except for magazines when I'm bored and the scriptures, and you cannot tell someone you just met that your hobby is reading the scriptures unless you're Elder Holland, they'll know that you're lying. I don't play sports or do athletic things on a regular basis, I don't do outdoorsy things much either unless it's part of a job or something. I don't play any sort of instrument, I hate video games, sometimes I say I like to dance but then people expect me to be good at it and all I really do is shake my booty and act like a fool. I don't even scrapbook or sew. I dabble in all of those things, but I haven't picked one or even a few to stick with. The same person that asked me the question suggested my hobby was adventuring after I told them about my trip to Hawaii. I liked the idea of calling myself an adventurer, but then again I couldn't even stick with that very long.
Honestly what do I like to do for fun? I like to add to my list of things I've done that not many other people have. Things like sleep in an outhouse, ride in the bucket of a back-ho, burn my bra. And those things can't be planned or scheduled, they must happen organically. Those things just seem to come with my life. So I've decided, screw hobbies, I got better things to do.

1 comment:

  1. You don't need a hobby Shan-O. You are an interesting work of art without it.

    Just make sure you don't tell everyone how you sing about puppies and cuddly choo choo trains! :)

    ReplyDelete